[Cubicweb] Copyright question

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Tue Aug 20 17:23:28 CEST 2013

On 20/08/2013 16:55, Christophe de Vienne wrote:
> Hi again,

Hi,

> When creating a new cube, most files (for example hook.py) contains both
> a copyright and a license.
>
> The question is basically : why is it present in those almost empty
> _generated_ files (ie not the source files anymore), and is it ok the
> remove them ?

Why: I guess we're a bit lazy (it's clearly convenient for Logilab
as you can guess).

Yes, you can and should change them.

> Side-question : Are we free to license the source code of a new cube as
> we want (including closed-source licenses) ?

Yes (most cubes and cubicweb itself are under LGPL, hence you can ship
your closed source cube with the rest).

Note that some cubes (notoriously vcsfile) optionally use mercurial,
which is licensed under the GPL. If you use this (_with mercurial_),
then you must ship under a GPL-compatible licence.

Regards,
Aurélien.