[Cubicweb] OAuth support

Christophe de Vienne cdevienne at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 13:43:53 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am starting to write a OAuth cube (it will be LGPLed and released very
soon).

The structure of it will resemble a lot cubicweb-openidrelay, but there
are two main differences on which I would appreciate some feedback
before coding :

1. Provider settings

For each enabled oauth provider, an application and secret keys have to
be provided.
Should this setting go in the configuration file, or in a dedicated
entity (OAuthProvider for example) ?
I feel that storing in the database is a better approach, so that the
administrator can easily add/remove providers.

2. Multiple identities

I would like to be able to link a single CWUser to identities on
different providers.
This is a big difference with the way openidrelay works.
It will imply to be able, for a connected user, to add link its account
with other providers.

Thanks in advance for any return on this, and since it is my first cube
any hint that sounds useful is very welcome !

Christophe