[Cubicweb] status of the current stable branch wrt sioc / embed / geocoding cubes

Alexandre Fayolle ML afayolle.ml at free.fr
Fri Aug 16 16:16:52 CEST 2013

Hello folks,

I see that the current stable branch of Cubicweb is the 3.17.x branch.
While trying to migrate to that branch, the
bootstrapmigration_repository script printed strange notices about the
sioc, embed and geocoding cubes (e.g. "In cubicweb 3.17 sioc views have
been moved to the sioc cube, which is not installed. Continue anyway?").

IMO, it would be nicer if the upgrade process could auto detect this,
but I understand that the information is probably not easily available,
if at all. I have not checked the whole code in details, but correct me
if I'm wrong: no magical import hack was done to transparently import
from the new cubes when some code imports a view that was moved? In that
case, the cube which uses the sioc / embed / geocoding views has to be
updated, and must depend on the appropriate new cube otherwise there
will be a crash at import time. So this leaves me wondering about this
action in the backend migration code.

Final note : CW 3.17 is the stable branch, but the status of the sioc /
embed / geocoding cubes is unclear : no stable branch in the mercurial
repository, versions are not tagged as published on the forge, or are
published but the tickets are still open.

Kind regards,

--
Alexandre