[Cubicweb] CubicWeb and Oracle

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Wed Nov 28 16:05:16 CET 2012

Le 28/11/2012 15:47, Yann Cointepas a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to use CubicWeb with an Oracle backend ? If not, how
> difficult would it be to make it possible (i.e. how much work is required) ?

It will probably not work out of the box with Oracle (unless postgres
followed oracle steps more closely than I would have thought).

However the oracle sql compat should be put in the appropriate
logilab.database submodule.

> I ask these question because I am involved in a project with a partner
> who already have an Oracle infrastructure with support for it. I would
> like them to use CubicWeb but using another database system is not
> really an option.

We started from scratch with sqlserver (2005) three years ago and there
was definitely some support work involved, but I suppose "Oracle
infrastructure with support for it" means you know oracle-sql well
enough to make the necessary adaptations.

Budgeting that in advance might be the trickiest part.

Anyway, we will happily take your patches :)