[Cubicweb] Managing Multilingual Apps on CubicWeb

Celso FLORES celso.flores at crealibre.com
Thu Nov 22 18:09:26 CET 2012

Hi List,

CubicWeb has this multi-lingual option, i18n which comes very handy for
titles and messages on the framework and apps.
It also has the opportunity to make an attribute multilingual.
Nevertheless, while searching the attribute, only the main language is
indexed.

So, we will like to do something like this :

ENTITY: EntityX
ATTRIBUTE : Description (in English, Spanish, French )

All of those being indexable, and searchable.

- -

One idea from one of our clients, learning CW, was to use the Language
entity, related to any attribute of another Entity (Which seems not to be
possible, at the moment).

Other idea from them was to create a Entity called Description, which can
go through a relation to Language and Entity1, Entity2 etc.
Then the search results would need to be modified, in order to bring not
the description entity per se, but the EntityX related to it.

Our simplest idea, will be to bring some structure like this:

Entity
    description_en
description_fr
description_sp