[Cubicweb] annotating divs with rql and vid

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Thu May 24 18:49:48 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 05:19:30PM +0200, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> > > * We should be able to have cubicweb sites working without allowing
> > >   arbitrary rql to be given in http request. While this is a desired
> > >   feature of some site, and a powerful aspect of CW, some (corporate/public)
> > >   sites clearly want to disable this ability for obvious security
> > >   reason. Introducing the above proposal will make this harder if not
> > >   impossible.
> >
> > Does disabling urls built with view?rql=blabla&vid=someview means that you
> > disable facets ?
>
> no, I want to change the way facets are implemented to make them work without
> rql parameter (should not be hard).

Adrien says it does, you say you would like to change things so it
does not.

My point was that currently, sites that disable RQL requests do not
have facets. If they do not have dynamic UIs and zoom features, that
is their choice.

> > > * A lot of views are not only depending on the rql+vid couple, but also
> > >   on additional, arbitrary, arguments. This is somewhat handled by facets
> > >   currently but is imo not really fancy. This later pb could be handled
> > >   by making views more easily self-contained, as recently done (at least
> > >   partially) for table views.
> >
> > This reminds me of the bookmarks. I just had a look at the code and it
> > does not work as I thought. There is a specific widget that allows to
> > edit the path attribute as if it were made of two parts.
>
> Curious how you had thought it did work.

I thought Bookmarks had several attributes (rql,vid,extra) instead of
a single one.