[Cubicweb] Multisource in CW

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Wed May 23 12:41:22 CEST 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:24:32AM +0200, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> > rset = rql('Any X, L, D WHERE X contains_reference Y|dbpedia-Y Y label L, Y
> > depiction D')
>
> Have you actually implemented this?

Yes.

> Are 'label' and 'depiction' defined in the schema of 'Thing'?

No.

> > Information of Dbpedia, Geonames, etc... can now be mutualized across
> > instances, and, even if the internal eids of these databases changed, the
> > queries are still valid.
>
> * the source abstraction has been introduced to be able to code application
>   independantly from its data sources. And this is imo valuable and kept in
>   mind, even if we may need specific api/rql syntax to allow application
>   specific optimization

Yes.

> * I'm not sure we need all that specific stuff and not reusing existing
>   abstractions:
>
>   - provided you've a e.g. geoname source which is able to fetch attributes
>     from an url

In Vincent's demo, it was an instance of cubicweb running a geonames
cubes and loaded with geonames data from the dump downloaded on their
website.

>   - no data stored in entity type tables

Could it be interesting to allow any entity to be related to a Thing
(defined by a URL) and have some kind of Datafeed fetch the
information in the background and make a local copy (reading the
schema of the remote instance and creating cw_* tables when needed) ?