[Cubicweb] Multisource in CW

Olivier CAYROL olivier.cayrol at logilab.fr
Wed May 23 11:15:03 CEST 2012

Le 23/05/2012 10:50, Sylvain Thénault a écrit :

> Eg. you expect to get the URI but None for attributes if the ext.
> database isn't connected? IMO if the database isn't connected we
> shouldn't have anything at all for this record, else it would imply
> to much defensive programming on the ui side.

I agree with you, I don't know what is the best option. The main use
case I see is on the primary view of an entity (X in the previous
example): I can either have an URI (no external database) or a link
towards the entity from the external database. Concerning the queries, I
don't know what behaviour should be implemented if the external database
can't be accessed.

> What I feel is that we've already have the foundation to make it
> works as you wish without reinventing a lot of stuff already in.
> Working on a query planner and way to deal with disconnected sources
> sounds like a good path to follow (at least I've not seen any
> show-stopper in what I've read yet).

You are the CW master. ;-)

   OCy.
--
Olivier CAYROL                                  LOGILAB - Paris (France)
                                                Olivier.Cayrol at logilab.fr
Python / CubicWeb, Informatique Scientifique, Gestion et Partage d'Infos
Python / CubicWeb,  Scientific  Computing,   Info Management and Sharing