[Cubicweb] annotating divs with rql and vid

afayolle afayolle.ml at free.fr
Fri May 25 09:39:10 CEST 2012

On 24/05/2012 18:55, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> 2/ IMHO the direction the web is going is "write client-based apps in
> the browser with js and query data backend with sparql". We have RQL
> and js already, let's not move back to the standard API-based design
> where everything must have a URL known by the developer.

You probably want to check out how things are done in OpenERP web
client, esp. the under-developpent OERP7 version (trunk branch).

The underlying philosophy is that the server part does not deal with
HTML at all : it sends data to the client side which is in charge of
generating the views (GTK heavyweight client, currently being
deprecated, or Javascript client running in the browser). This makes for
lighter communication between the server and the client.

The web client in OERP7 is being rewritten with a full JS templating
engine which has some interesting properties. Of course, OpenERP has
some specific constraints and freedoms that CW has not (the biggest one
being that the customers hardly ever require heavy customization of the
views besides putting their logo on the top left corner and changing a
couple of colors here and there), but the underlying philosophy and
implementation are good sources of inpiration IMO.

--
Alf