[Cubicweb] annotating divs with rql and vid

afayolle afayolle.ml at free.fr
Fri May 25 09:32:17 CEST 2012

On 24/05/2012 19:21, Florent Cayré wrote:

> My 2 cents :
>
> I am not sure how comfortable it will be to manipulate the rql as a
> string anyway, particularly in javascript. If Sylvain has an idea of
> how to get facets working with client-side rql requests disabled (more
> for DoS protection reasons than security ones IMHO), I am curious to
> see how it could be used to manipulate the RQL query more easily.

+1
A JSON (or similar) representation of the RQL is required on the client
side. This or a js library able to parse RQL to an AST and manipulate
that AST.

We really don't want to maniupulate string serialized RQL in javascript.
Doing this in Python has already been tried and the conclusion was that
it was not practical.

--
alf