[Cubicweb] Multisource in CW

Olivier CAYROL olivier.cayrol at logilab.fr
Wed May 23 10:43:24 CEST 2012

Le 23/05/2012 10:24, Sylvain Thénault a écrit :

> I'm not sure to get your point here.
>
> Here are my points :

[...]

As far as I know, the first idea behind the implementation of Vincent is
to be able to connect or unconnect external CW bases without breaking
the main base. I don't know if it's actually working with his first
naive implementations but here is what we would want to do (Vincent,
correct me if I'm wrong):

In the main base, we select "Any X WHERE X contains_reference Y". Y is
just a dbpedia URI. If we have set up an external base with dbpedia
content, we would like to get some complementary data about Y, such as
"Any L,D WHERE  Y label L, Y depiction D". So, what we would like to
have is a query that always gives us X but can give us L and D if an
external dbpedia CW base is available.

I don't know if the standard source abstraction mechanism allows this
kind of behaviour (the query continues in an external CW base only if
this base is set up, else the query stops and returns the results it has
found in the main base).

   OCy.
--
Olivier CAYROL                                  LOGILAB - Paris (France)
                                                Olivier.Cayrol at logilab.fr
Python / CubicWeb, Informatique Scientifique, Gestion et Partage d'Infos
Python / CubicWeb,  Scientific  Computing,   Info Management and Sharing