[Cubicweb] problem with easy_install cubicweb (winXP, python2.7)

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Mon Mar 19 09:35:58 CET 2012

Le 17/03/2012 16:42, Elim Qiu a écrit :
> I guess I need to go back to linux. I liked ubuntu when it's at 7, 8;
> still have 10, but not the current. Haven't touched debian since its 5.
> Is CentOS fine with cubicweb?

Any system is fine with cubicweb, including windows or OS X. The problem
with non-debian systems is that we cannot always help you with the
dependencies or packaging issues.

Of course the windows console won't have colored logs (very convenient)
unless you use a cygwin terminal. There are countless other reasons why
going with debian/ubuntu is a better choice (better than OS X or
centos/rh, indeed, which AFAIK have a small set of supported packages).

It's not just a "we prefer linux" thing.

However, whatever the system, if you plan to develop with cubicweb, you
should take the "install from source" path because that's really what's
convenient to do development.

Packaging becomes of interest only in some shipping-to-customers
scenarios (it is a standard practice in many places).

Regards,
Aurélien.