[Cubicweb] Service API implementation with ømq

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Mar 1 17:28:02 CET 2012

On 01 mars 10:51, Pierre-Yves David wrote:
> > On the repo side, simply type :
> >
> >  vreg['services'].select(regid, session, **kwargs).call(**kwargs)
> >
> > ie services may be used directly as other registry objects.
>
> But this is different code than client side one. Having different API for the
> same thing is an hassle because this prevent your to write generic code running
> fine on both side. The API should be unified.

IMO generic code for server/web is currently badly achieved, and also need
for redesign. We won't try to unify this api until this is fixed, this is
to much pain for the gain. And even if I was happy with the implementation,
I don't see cases where we would need an unified service API.

Remember web/repo have very different goals and have access to very different
ressources, so we should not try to do more unification than necessary.

--
Sylvain Thénault, LOGILAB, Paris (01.45.32.03.12) - Toulouse (09.54.03.55.76)