[Cubicweb] Failed to create an accound using OpenID on Logilab.org

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at free.fr
Thu Mar 22 11:27:07 CET 2012

Hello

I tried to create an account on logilab.org using openid, and failed
with 2 different providers (myopenid.com and launchpad).

In both cases a user is created
(http://www.logilab.org/cwuser/gurney%20alex and
http://www.logilab.org/cwuser/Alexandre Fayolle @ camptocamp
respectively) but I'm still "anonymous" so when I get redirected to
http://www.logilab.org/cwuser/Alexandre%20Fayolle%20@%20camptocamp?vid=edition
after authenticating in launchpad, no fields are displayed for me to edit.

So it seems that something is broken somewhere in cw's openid support or
in cw's setup at logilab, maybe in the https redirections... Using the
creation timestamps of the two CWUsers, you should be able to look at
the log files to check if a stack trace was produced in the process.

Regards,

Alf