[Cubicweb] Unable to install cw 3.14.7 on Ubuntiu11.10 (oneric)

John Major john.major at locusdev.net
Fri Jul 20 02:01:54 CEST 2012

I installed from stable mercurial distro, and ran 'python
cubicweb/bin/clone_deps.py'
-success-
I then added the cubicweb install path to my PYTHONPATH
I ran:
->export CW_MODE=user (and created the correct ~/etc/cubicweb.d )

When I try to run:
-> python cubicweb/bin/cubicweb-ctl create blog myblog
The following error is thrown:
######
python cubicweb/bin/cubicweb-ctl create blog myblog
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "cubicweb/bin/cubicweb-ctl", line 4, in <module>
    run(sys.argv[1:])
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cubicweb-3.14.2-py2.7.egg/cubicweb/cwctl.py",
line 999, in run
    cwcfg.load_cwctl_plugins()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cubicweb-3.14.2-py2.7.egg/cubicweb/cwconfig.py",
line 642, in load_cwctl_plugins
    load_module_from_file(join(CW_SOFTWARE_ROOT, ctlfile))
  File "/home/jmajor/development/cubic/test2/logilab/common/modutils.py",
line 197, in load_module_from_file
    return load_module_from_modpath(modpath, path, use_sys)
  File "/home/jmajor/development/cubic/test2/logilab/common/modutils.py",
line 163, in load_module_from_modpath
    module = load_module(curname, mp_file, mp_filename, mp_desc)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cubicweb-3.14.2-py2.7.egg/cubicweb/devtools/__init__.py",
line 41, in <module>
    from cubicweb import CW_SOFTWARE_ROOT, schema, cwconfig
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cubicweb-3.14.2-py2.7.egg/cubicweb/schema.py",
line 1247, in <module>
    RichString = class_moved(RichString)
  File
"/home/jmajor/development/cubic/test2/logilab/common/deprecation.py", line
72, in class_moved
    return class_renamed(old_name, new_class, message)
  File
"/home/jmajor/development/cubic/test2/logilab/common/deprecation.py", line
54, in class_renamed
    class DeprecatedClass(new_class):
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
    function() argument 1 must be code, not str

Any ideas what is up here?

Thanks-
John