[Cubicweb] CW installation on ubuntu oneiric

Carlos Balderas carlos.balderas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 16:29:21 CEST 2012

Hi Elim,

We are a team working with Cubicweb in México. We have been working in a
"recipe" to install cubicweb (in linux) following a sequence of steps
trying to make it a little bit easier for those that want to get
Cubicweb running right away ;). It is not yet a tutorial (we are working on
it) but it is a very good guide.

We have tested this procedure in Debian and Ubuntu, so you shouldn't have
problems to get it working in Ubuntu 12.04. Although if you let me give you
a recommendation, you can install a virtual machine, in my case, I like
very much virtualbox (https://www.virtualbox.org/) and do the complete
installation there to see how things go in Ubuntu, it is worth it :). We
have been using this guide for the last months and we always get cubicweb
running.

Let me make some little fixes in the document, and I will share it here in
the mailing list in a couple of hours. As I said, please don't expect a
very professional nice looking document or something like it, It is just a
step by step document. :).

Regards,
Carlos Balderas

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Elim Qiu <elim.qiu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there any issue installing cubicweb on a newly installed ubuntu 12.04?
>
> The cubicweb site has a very short instruction on that. Is that
> enough?  I got troubles installing dependencies on XP, hopefully I can
> do it smoothly on ubuntu...
>
> Thanks

Carlos Balderas