[Cubicweb] Unable to install cw 3.14.7 on Ubuntiu11.10 (oneric)

John Major john.major at locusdev.net
Fri Jul 20 20:26:06 CEST 2012

Ok-

I've started from a fresh Ubuntu 11.10 VM.  Cubicweb is still not
installing.  Here are the commands I'm running:

->hg clone -u stable http://hg.logilab.org/cubicweb
(success)
->python cubicweb/bin/clone_deps.py
(success)
-> export PYTHONPATH=/home/jmajor/development/cubic/test1
(success)
->sudo apt-get install mysql-server
(success)
->sudo emacs /etc/mysql/my.cnf (and added the lines to the file as directed
in the docs)
   #Cubicweb
   transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED
   default-storage-engine=INNODB
   default-character-set=utf8
   max_allowed_packet = 128M
(success)
->python cubicweb/bin/cubicweb-ctl create blog myblog
(FAILS with missing lxml package)
->sudo apt-get install python-lxml
(success)
->python cubicweb/bin/cubicweb-ctl create blog myblog
(FAILS with cubicweb errors.. missing yapps.runtime )
->Install yapps:
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/Y/Yapps2/yapps2-2.1.1-17.1.tar.gz#md5=0651dda9fd07f2c15a8b5e25e0d5eadd
(success)
->Install other pacakges not in the mercurial depot:
  152  sudo apt-get install python pygraphviz
  153  sudo apt-get install python-pygraphviz
  154  sudo apt-get install python-simplejson
  155  sudo apt-get install python-docutils
  156  sudo apt-get install python-twisted
  157  sudo apt-get install logilab-common
->python cubicweb/bin/cubicweb-ctl create blog myblog
(FAILS... no module named passlib.utils)
!! I don't see any reference to this package in the required dependencies
doc....
->install passlib:
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/passlib/passlib-1.6.tar.gz#md5=9faf93d31bd3f9f0e86fa716b4c20bd9
(success)
->python cubicweb/bin/cubicweb-ctl create blog myblog
(SUCCESS !)

Thanks... It looks like there is a combination of my having some old
packages installed and the docs being a bit out of date.

Suggestions:
~If installing from mercurial is the most stable/desired route... This
option should be presented first.
~Add passlib to the list of required packages.

Thanks for your help!

John