[Cubicweb] Unable to install cw 3.14.7 on Ubuntiu11.10 (oneric)

Adrien Di Mascio adrien.dimascio at logilab.fr
Fri Jul 20 08:06:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 20/07/2012 02:01, John Major wrote:
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cubicweb-3.14.2-py2.7.egg/cubicweb/schema.py",
> line 1247, in <module>
>      RichString = class_moved(RichString)
>    File
> "/home/jmajor/development/cubic/test2/logilab/common/deprecation.py",
> line 72, in class_moved
>      return class_renamed(old_name, new_class, message)
>    File
> "/home/jmajor/development/cubic/test2/logilab/common/deprecation.py",
> line 54, in class_renamed
>      class DeprecatedClass(new_class):
> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>      function() argument 1 must be code, not str

You seem to use incompatible versions of ``yams`` and ``cubicweb``. I've
just tested the clone_deps version, i.e :

   hg clone -u stable http://hg.logilab.org/cubicweb
   python cubicweb/bin/clone_deps.py

and then created a blog instance with no problem. I suspect you made a
subsequent ``hg up`` in the `cubicweb`` repository. Maybe did you try
the ``hg update cubicweb-version-3.12.2`` described in the documentation
? It's only an example, the 3.12 version being a somewhat old version of
cubicweb. You should update your repository to the last version :

   hg up cubicweb-version-3.15.1

It should solve your problem.
--
Adrien Di Mascio - LOGILAB, Paris (France).
Tél: 01.45.32.03.12