[Cubicweb] Correct use of the 'person' cube

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Wed Jul 11 16:15:32 CEST 2012

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:56:29AM +0200, Sylvain Thénault wrote:

> > >A solution is to define a hook for the creation of each CWUser
> > >that automatically creates the corresponding Person and
> > >predefines its attributes with the corresponding values of the
> > >CWUser attributes (using a 'after_add_entity' event).

And hooks that update Person when CWUser is updated and update CWUser
when Person is updated and (maybe) delete Person when CWUser is
deleted...

> Though you'll need more burden to keep them in sync. For your information,
> we've been wishing to split current CWUser into CWAccount + Person or similar
> for a while now, but never found the time to do so.

+1. See http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_OnlineAccount

Stéphane, we would be interested in patches that implement the above
CWUser/Person link. It could be added to the person cube maybe.