[Cubicweb] CW installation on ubuntu oneiric

Elim Qiu elim.qiu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 18:22:42 CEST 2012

Thanks Florent and All,
By changing
deb http://download.logilab.org/production sid/
deb http://download.logilab.org/production precise/

in the /etc/apt/sources.list

and updating apt-get, the installation went very smoothly.

I appreciate Carlos Balderas' notes. It will be very useful as a
summary of cubicweb dependencies as one understand cubicweb more.

Nicolas Chauvat's point is a fit to the beginners: get started right a
way and focus the main thing first. But this link
https://www.logilab.org/893 actually has two problems:
(1) Chrome says: The site's security certificate is not trusted!
(2) The site says:
Accessing Debian and Ubuntu repositories to install Logilab's free software.
Shortcut
To configure your system to use Logilab's packages for Debian
unstable, copy the following lines in a prompt (as root - after a su
or sudo -s):
echo 'deb http://download.logilab.org/production sid/' >> /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://download.logilab.org/logilab-dists-key.asc  -O - | apt-key add -
apt-get update
That's why I got sid/ instead of precise/ in my sources.list and
caused installation errors

I hope others can get cubicweb installed without any problem.

Thank you all