[Cubicweb] About uiprops and postcreate

Stéphane Bugat stephane.bugat at free.fr
Thu Jul 26 11:08:20 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I have noticed some strange behaviours when trying to customize uiprops.py and migration/postcreate.py.
Namely:

  - If one tries to put all its images in a subdirectory of data/, let's say for instance in data/img, in
    particular its specific logo, the declaration:
    LOGO = data('img/my_logo.png') won't work anymore...

  - Having a look at the web/data/uiprops.py example (for instance in http://www.cubicweb.org/2306345), I've
    tried to override a few declarations, like h1FontSize, h1Color, h1BorderBottomStyle.
    Actually only the redefinition of h1FontSize seemed to have an effect...
    How is it possible to know the elements that can be overridden?

  - Same question if I want to redefine some icons and images, like PUCE_UP, PUCE_DOWN, or OK_ICON...

For what concerns postcreate:

  - As I use the cubiweb-blog cube, a specific blog box appears in the left context.
    I wanted it to disappear (as well as the search box) and thought I could do it adding a:
     set_property('boxes.search_box.visible', u'')
     set_property('boxes.blog_summary_box.visible', u'')
    to the file. Both rose an error.

I know the latter could be done in views.py following the example of the personal blog of Sylvain Thénaud, where is shown how to hide the tag similarity box, but it is much more complex...

Stephane