[Cubicweb] Cubicweb & Orbui Project / First Approach

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Feb 2 10:04:30 CET 2012

On 01 février 11:46, Carlos Balderas wrote:
> Hi List!

Hi Carlos,

[snip]

> Now, for the unbeliever you can check out this demo,
> http://www.crealibre.net:8099/ , which is forge cube using orbui, as you
> will see, most of the cubicweb css is gone now and foundation framework has
> taken over it.
> u:cubicweb
> p:cubicweb

This is a great step forward Carlos, many thanks for the demo.

> We have doubts about if some of this work could be integrated in Cubicweb
> framework or you would like to keep aside Orbui project or the combination
> of both.

This is a good thing to keep them separated in a first time, at least
until things stabilize themselves. Then we can think about merging into
the core (write a CubicWb Evolution Proposal (CWEP) first ;)

> Now, we have built 2 cubes to get this work done (one for orbui and other
> to clean CubicWeb css), and we have found out that we are needing some html
> re-structuring in Cubicweb to be completely responsive and get also the
> benefits of using semantic html, accessibility, etc. We would like to make
> this contribution to Cubicweb but we feel like needing some guidance and
> coaching to be as close as possible with the developer team to integrate
> these changes to the framework (in case you would like to have this of
> course).

This is easy : write tickets describing what you want, grab the cubicweb
patch repository, then send pull request on the list when you've something
ready. Now you're in the review process you know.

Discussion around ticket, patches, review, integration is the best we can
do :)

And yes, we want some HTML/CSS cleanup of the framework!

Cheers,
--
Sylvain Thénault, LOGILAB, Paris (01.45.32.03.12) - Toulouse (09.54.03.55.76)