[Cubicweb] Cubicweb & Orbui Project / Boostrap from twitter

Carlos Balderas carlos.balderas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 02:23:16 CET 2012

Hello List,

I'd like to share with you a new test we have done using Bootstrap from
Twitter (http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/) in cubicweb.

As I mentioned in the last email related to Orbui project we had decided to
work with foundation (from zurb) framework, because at that moment
bootstrap wasn't ready to work with responsive design, but in the latest
release of bootstrap (v2), we found out that bootstrap now is fully
responsive, which is very nice, because we consider bootstrap
in certain ways a little bit more complete than foundation (you can find an
article about this topic in here http://ma.ezequielbruni.com/?p=164 which
was written by Ezequiel Bruni before Boostrap v2 went out), but IMHO both
frameworks are awesome.
So we decided to test it on cubicweb.
You can find the demos here:

a) Bootstrap
http://www.crealibre.net:8100/
b) Foundation
http://www.crealibre.net:8099/

For both websites you can use u:cubicweb, p:cubicweb to login.
Speaking about bootstrap, you'll see that we haven't changed a lot of the
html cubicweb components due this is only a test and we want to be sure
before we go all the way down and find out something we might not like.
Also you'll find a new navigation proposal for cubicweb, thinking a little
bit more in optimizing space and make it a little bit more compatible with
mobile devices.

None of the demos are totally responsive right now and they could be with
some more work, the frameworks are prepared to do so, but for now you can
play with the size of your browser so you can see how the website behaves.

Well, I hope you'll have the chance to take a closer look and of course
we'd love to hear some feedback in anyway ;)

--
Best Regards!
Carlos Balderas