[Cubicweb] sprint in Paris 13/14 december 2012

Carlos Balderas carlos.balderas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 21:23:19 CET 2012

Hi!

I'd like to discuss with cubicweb community if it could be possible to find
a solution to avoid having an extra component layer in OrbUI, right now we
are placing the cubicweb web ui components in there, duplicating all
principals ui components, even the main template.

We did it that way because we needed to have a different html output for
the cubicweb components so the bootstrap framework can work with the
recomendend html code.

If we could find the way to use cubicweb default components,  it would be
awesome, because we won't need to give maintenance to these components in
OrbUI.

First step (maybe) could be to have all cubicweb components and layout
standarized to html5, that would be nice and healthy if someone would like
to use their own css styles instead of cubicweb default css, or also we
could create several "skins" or "css themes" above default cubicweb ui.

Going a little further, for OrbUI that doesn't seem to be an easy solution
due we need the specific html output to use the bootstrap grid, controls,
etc.

I think maybe we can separe the html code from the logical code that builds
the controls, but I am not sure how to do this in a proper and clean way. I
will be happy to hear any suggestions, ideas, or comments about this point,
which I consider that could be the way to keep developing both projects in
a very smooth way.

Best Regards!
Carlos Balderas

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Nicolas Chauvat <nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I will be at the sprint this week and intend to focus my work on the
> user interface:
>
> - http://www.cubicweb.org/ticket/1518427
>
> - http://www.orbui.com/
>
> - http://www.cubicweb.org/blogentry/2356431 (the On The Road To
>   Bootstrap part)
>
> Hope to see you there !
>
> --
> Nicolas Chauvat
>
> logilab.fr - services en informatique scientifique et gestion de
> connaissances

Carlos Balderas