[Cubicweb] Migration Script / Pyro / load_appobjects method.

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Dec 11 17:13:16 CET 2012

Hi Carlos,

On 11 décembre 09:34, Carlos Balderas wrote:
> Hi List, I am running a migration script between 2 cubicweb instances,
> using Pyro server.
>
> I am getting an error when I try to use the method "load_appobjects()" to
> take advantage of cubicweb objects.
>
> The error I am getting is about missing cubes:
>
> File "/home/carlos/src/fcubicweb/cubicweb/cwconfig.py", line 824, in init
> _cubes
>     assert self._cubes is None, repr(self._cubes)
> AssertionError: (u'platypus', u'email', u'addressbook', u'comment',
> u'file', u'link', u'orbui', u'tag', u'zone')
>

> All cubes are accessible by the cubicweb web application which is running
> smooth.
>
> Does anybody know what could be happening?

It's not clear to me what are you trying to achieve: migration can't be done
through pyro, you need a in-memory repo. If you've two instances for an
application, you should shutdown both of them, upgrade one then the other
(the second migration being quicker as the data model has already been upgraded).