[Cubicweb] sprint in Paris 13/14 december 2012

Carlos Balderas carlos.balderas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:54:09 CET 2012

Hi, Nico, I am sorry to answer a little bit late.

About what we talked last night (making cubicweb flexible in the ui part),
I am afraid that we cannot do that without getting into certain "expensive"
complexity =(.

For instance, in the code below:

 def render_menu(self, w):
        ueid = self._cw.user.eid
        req = self._cw
        if self.can_delete:
            req.add_js('cubicweb.ajax.js')
        w(u'<li class="dropdown">'
          u'<a class="dropdown-toggle" data-toggle="dropdown" href="#">'
          u'%s'
          u'<span class="caret"></span>'
          u'</a>'
          u'<ul class="dropdown-menu">' % self._cw._('bookmarks'))

As you'll see, the bootstrap's css classes and extra html attributes need
to be in the very first level of the html.

So trying to tackle down the main point of the implementation of OrbUI with
Cubicweb, getting that "flexibility" seems to be a little complicated right
now .

I am sorry not to come up with any interesting ideas about this topic :S.
But maybe someone in the sprint could have a different idea, hopefully ;)

Best Regards!

--
Carlos Balderas