[Cubicweb] Access 'data_url' in postcreate.py

Stéphane Bugat stephane.bugat at free.fr
Mon Aug 27 09:18:58 CEST 2012

Aurélien, Sylvain,

Thank you for those precisions. I do understand that this is a bad idea and that data/ is reserved to data needed by the interface... However, I'm still wondering where to put the following information:

1- I need to have a "repository" containing the list of know airports in the world (a csv file), and also a list of known countries / territories. These static information will be updated very rarely, for instance once a year. Such information should be available to migration/postcreate.py to create the corresponding entries in the cw database.
==> Shall I put such csv files in a subdir of migration/ for instance?

2- I have developed a certain number of "crawlers" that are able to retrieve airports informations (number of runways, nearby services and so on) from the web. I prefer to store these informations in static files, one file per airport, so they are available to me even when not connected to the net. The crawlers are called for the moment manually, but I intend to add a functionality available to 'managers' of the website to update these through the interface, so they will be used very often.
==> What should be the preferred place to put those static files?

I saw that the tutorial for building a photo gallery recommends the creation of the specific byte file-system storage for image storage... Shall I adapt it to store those text informations?

Best regards

Stephane