[Cubicweb] Access 'data_url' in postcreate.py

Nicolas Chauvat nicolas.chauvat at logilab.fr
Mon Aug 27 16:11:06 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 01:06:40PM +0200, St├ęphane Bugat wrote:

> Agreed. But question: there is nothing about CWSource(s) in the cw
> doc... And almost no resource on the web about it.

It is still missing.

> Can you provide me with more information about that?

Start with baseurl/cwsource

You can grep the source and ask questions here that Sylvain and
Vincent will answer.

The basic idea is that the Repository abstracts data sources. See
http://docs.cubicweb.org/intro/concepts.html#instances

Custom data sources can be implemented: LDAP is in the core, but you
can look at the blog cube for a source that parses RSS and Atom feeds.

One could imagine for example a DBPedia source that imports all the
items of type http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Airports

At some point I add an app that had a CWSource that parsed on-line ads
and would allow me to read in a single place and tag all
the appartments for rent advertised on several sites.

Does this help?