[Cubicweb] Bootstrap 2, Orbui 1 and CubicWeb 4

David Douard david.douard at logilab.fr
Mon Apr 30 08:54:01 CEST 2012

On 27/04/2012 19:01, Sylvain Thénault wrote:

>>> Yes, that should *alsoù be in the plan.
>>
>> I don't want that.
>> Distribution is a completely orthogonal feature.
>
> I mean here that we should be able de decouple components and thinking
> this way helps (get it or not). For instance we should go deeper on the road
> pyves started  with separating a task manager from the repository. Most tasks
> could be handled by a (zmq or not) dedicated tasks manager. We could much
> probably even benefit from celeri or such a tool.

We may have a look toward other projects. I've been fighting with
OpenStack recently, and the whole architecture if based on components
with a scheduler (for tasks), a rabbimq-based broker for managing
message-based communications, an "api-manager" that centralize REST
request dispatching, with as many computation nodes you want, with as
many volume-manager you want, etc., all this relying on a central SQL
database used through sqlalchemy.

There are other projects that chose that kind of architecture. Shinken
for example. And Chef in some aspects. And maybe many others I don't know.

David