[Cubicweb] Bootstrap 2, Orbui 1 and CubicWeb 4

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Apr 27 19:01:51 CEST 2012

On 27 avril 18:19, Aurélien Campéas wrote:

> >>Or architecturing it as a set of components communicating via zeromq perhaps?
> >
> >Yes, that should *alsoù be in the plan.
>
> I don't want that.
> Distribution is a completely orthogonal feature.

I mean here that we should be able de decouple components and thinking
this way helps (get it or not). For instance we should go deeper on the road
pyves started  with separating a task manager from the repository. Most tasks
could be handled by a (zmq or not) dedicated tasks manager. We could much
probably even benefit from celeri or such a tool.

This makes me thing of a hot cw4 topic : having multiple instances running
for an application becomes common. This asks for several improvments. Tasks
handling goes in severly here, as most things have been done until now
as if tasks should be executed similarly on all instances, which appears to
be definitly false. Some are options controled to avoid this. But imo we need
to rethink the way tasks are handled.

--
Sylvain Thénault, LOGILAB, Paris (01.45.32.03.12) - Toulouse (09.54.03.55.76)