[Cubicweb] Bootstrap 2, Orbui 1 and CubicWeb 4

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Apr 27 18:13:29 CEST 2012

On 27 avril 15:20, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 01:59:45PM +0200, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> > Since the start of Celso and Carlos initiative with Orbui, I feel like this
> > is the way to go in a near future, probably the sooner the better. The choice
> > of Bootstrap sounds also a good choice to me. And I've not yet heard anyone
> > here with a negative opinion or better alternative to propose, so...
> >
> > Regarding the best way to get there, I've still to think more about it so
> > we won't keep legacy applications behind.
>
> Orbui redefines what is in cubicweb.web.views. Could we imagine to
> turn cubicweb.web.views into a cube (lets name it baseui) and have
> other cubes depend on other orbui or baseui ?

Sounds like separating cubicweb *the lib* from cubicweb *the core
application built on top of that lib*, ie everything that is dynamically
loaded is the way to go (it has other benefits, kile no special cases for
this as of today). Now at which granularity : what's about schema / hooks
/ entities... That could make sense to have core 'common', 'server', 'web'
cubes that could somewhat evolve separatly from each other, and from the
library (where changes should slow done).

Also we have to consider the distribution pb : should those cubes be
shipped with CubicWeb, and many more questions.

> > Also, the cubicweb framework would imo greatly benefit from using
> > some recognised web libraries such as werkzeug and other stuff in
> > the WSGI stacks by sounding more familiar to python web developpers.
>
> Or architecturing it as a set of components communicating via zeromq perhaps?

Yes, that should *alsoù be in the plan.
--
Sylvain Thénault, LOGILAB, Paris (01.45.32.03.12) - Toulouse (09.54.03.55.76)