[Cubicweb] Bootstrap 2, Orbui 1 and CubicWeb 4

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Fri Apr 27 13:59:45 CEST 2012

On 23 avril 16:49, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> Hi List,

[snip]

> Could the core developers get a close look at orbui/bootstrap and tell
> the list if they agree with an objective such as "Bootstrap will be
> the frontend framework of CubicWeb 4"?
>
> If there is agreement on this, could we discuss what is the best way
> to get there?

Since the start of Celso and Carlos initiative with Orbui, I feel like this
is the way to go in a near future, probably the sooner the better. The choice
of Bootstrap sounds also a good choice to me. And I've not yet heard anyone
here with a negative opinion or better alternative to propose, so...

Regarding the best way to get there, I've still to think more about it so
we won't keep legacy applications behind. It's also part of a bigger reflexion on
what we should be kept in cubicweb, what should/could be handled by an external
library, etc. In a few words : having only the foundation in the framework,
avoid redoing things that have a proper solution outside. Also, the cubicweb
framework would imo greatly benefit from using some recognised web libraries
such as werkzeug and other stuff in the WSGI stacks by sounding more familiar
to python web developpers.

More on this soon hopefuly.
--
Sylvain Thénault, LOGILAB, Paris (01.45.32.03.12) - Toulouse (09.54.03.55.76)