[Cubicweb] local installation of various cw cubes

Stephane Bugat stephane.bugat at free.fr
Sun Apr 1 17:25:01 CEST 2012

Dear all,

Following my previous post on the installation of cw under ubuntu
oneiric, I have now another issue. I set up a development environment
for cw by exporting the following variables under my .bashrc:

    # spécial cubicweb
    export CW_INSTANCES_DIR=~/etc/cubicweb.d/
    export CW_INSTANCES_DATA_DIR=~/etc/cubicweb.d/
    export CW_RUNTIME_DIR=/tmp
    export CW_CUBES_PATH=$HOME/Devel/Python/cubes
    export CW_MODE=user
    export PYTHONPATH=$HOME/.local/lib/python2.7
    export PATH=$HOME/.local/bin:$PATH

I have created my own cube in CW_CUBES_PATH without any problem using
cubicweb-ctl. However, as this cube will depend on various cw cubes like
cubicweb-addressbook or cubicweb-person, I've tried to install those
cubes (as no debian package is provided for them) using either pip,
easy_install, or even from source with setup.py and the "--user" option.

Two different problems arose:

 1. Although cw version 3.14.6 is already installed (as a debian
    package), pip or easy_install always try to download and install
    version 3.14.2 of cw (strange);
 2. Although CW_CUBES_PATH is set to a local path, pip or easy_install
    always try to create the corresponding cube in
    /usr/share/cubicweb/cubes which is not write accessible to the user.

Any idea on how to force the installation in the right CW_CUBES_PATH ?

Thanks a lot

Stéphane