[Cubicweb] A few questions regarding CubicWeb customization

Fidel Viegas development at kazomosolutions.biz
Wed Sep 21 15:21:17 CEST 2011

On 21/09/11 10:11, Sylvain Thénault wrote:
> On 20 septembre 20:12, Fidel Viegas wrote:
>> On 20/09/11 08:19, Florent Cayré wrote:
>>> where do you want to hide them? In the invoice entity (primary)
>>> view? On their dedicated page (/<line items>)?
>> I am sorry, I should have been more specific on  that. I want to
>> hide it in the manage area, and have only entities I know they will
>> use. I know that if I play around with the visibility it will be
>> hidden for certain users, but that is not what I am looking for. I
>> want to hide the actual entity in the manage page, and allow only
>> changes in the parent entity. In other words, line items may only be
>> deleted from the invoice form.
> To be more specific about what I said in an earlier mail (sorry that
> one ended in my 'almost spam' mail box, dunno why):
>
> * by default, entity types which are related to another one
>    using a mandatory (cardinality == 1) and composite relation
>    won't be shown in the entities table of the manage view
>
> * you can still force that behaviour using:
>
>      from cubicweb.web import uicfg
>      uicfg.indexview_etype_section['MyEType'] = 'subobject'
>
>>> CubicWeb is a very nice framework indeed (not mine I am afraid,
>>> but Logilab's). You are very welcome to contribute, either telling
>>> what documentation to improve first or simply blogging about your
>>> application using CubicWeb, or with actual code like your own
>>> cubes or contribution to the core framework.
>> Certainly! I actually thought about blogging about it, as I think it
>> is a nice framework to share. I have already tweeted about it, and
>> intend to blog about it. Furthermore, I was also going to ask how I
>> could contribute with the translations, as I only found translations
>> for English, French and Spanish. I would like to translate a few of
>> the cubes I will be using to Portuguese. Do I have to setup an
>> account in the site and then configure mercurial to use that
>> account? I have also just started playing with mercurial, and it is
>> an easy grasp because of its resemblance with git. Now I know that
>> they are based on the same version control system.
>>
>> I have also spotted a few typos in the book, and would also like to
>> contribute to improving it.
>
> Please, do all that! Tweets, blogs, contributions have great benefit
> to the entire (though yet small) community.
>
> All cubes provided by logilab have french and english translations.
> Cubicweb and some cubes have spanish and german translations,
> contributed by other people.
>
> Of course we would others would be welcome, as well as any other
> contributions. To contribute you can either :
>
> * fork cubicweb's patch repository (on bitbucket or whatever) and
>    tell us when we can pull patches from their (this requires using
>    mercurial's mq extension to manage  a patch queue)
>
> * provides patches as diff files on the list

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for the tips. I am still getting my head around mercurial. Never
thought it was so similar to Git, my main version control software. I
guess that instead of doing the translation in my cubes, as others have
suggested, I will add the translations to the cubes themselves, instead.

There are softwares I have contributed to before, one of them is the
alternate version of the SableCC compiler for which I wrote a Python
backend (http://www.mare.ee/indrek/sablecc/), and also wrote a tutorial
about it (Need to dig this in my archives). I think that that would be
useful in creating CubicWeb addons, as it is relatively easy to write
parsers and lexers using the framework. I am planning on bringing my
website back online, and will publish everything there, as well as write
about CubicWeb.

I will clone the CubicWeb book and fix the typos I have been finding.
Soon after I will let you guys know when you can apply the patches.

Besides the wonderful framework, I have also enjoyed this community. You
guys are really cool and very friendly. I guess that this union is what
makes this framework shine as well.

Keep up with the good work and i will try to contribute as much as I can.

Best Regards,

Fidel.