[Cubicweb] A few questions regarding CubicWeb customization

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Wed Sep 21 11:11:26 CEST 2011

On 20 septembre 20:12, Fidel Viegas wrote:
> On 20/09/11 08:19, Florent Cayré wrote:
> >where do you want to hide them? In the invoice entity (primary)
> >view? On their dedicated page (/<line items>)?
>
> I am sorry, I should have been more specific on  that. I want to
> hide it in the manage area, and have only entities I know they will
> use. I know that if I play around with the visibility it will be
> hidden for certain users, but that is not what I am looking for. I
> want to hide the actual entity in the manage page, and allow only
> changes in the parent entity. In other words, line items may only be
> deleted from the invoice form.

To be more specific about what I said in an earlier mail (sorry that
one ended in my 'almost spam' mail box, dunno why):

* by default, entity types which are related to another one
  using a mandatory (cardinality == 1) and composite relation
  won't be shown in the entities table of the manage view

* you can still force that behaviour using:

    from cubicweb.web import uicfg
    uicfg.indexview_etype_section['MyEType'] = 'subobject'

> >CubicWeb is a very nice framework indeed (not mine I am afraid,
> >but Logilab's). You are very welcome to contribute, either telling
> >what documentation to improve first or simply blogging about your
> >application using CubicWeb, or with actual code like your own
> >cubes or contribution to the core framework.
>
> Certainly! I actually thought about blogging about it, as I think it
> is a nice framework to share. I have already tweeted about it, and
> intend to blog about it. Furthermore, I was also going to ask how I
> could contribute with the translations, as I only found translations
> for English, French and Spanish. I would like to translate a few of
> the cubes I will be using to Portuguese. Do I have to setup an
> account in the site and then configure mercurial to use that
> account? I have also just started playing with mercurial, and it is
> an easy grasp because of its resemblance with git. Now I know that
> they are based on the same version control system.
>
> I have also spotted a few typos in the book, and would also like to
> contribute to improving it.

Please, do all that! Tweets, blogs, contributions have great benefit
to the entire (though yet small) community.

All cubes provided by logilab have french and english translations.
Cubicweb and some cubes have spanish and german translations,
contributed by other people.

Of course we would others would be welcome, as well as any other
contributions. To contribute you can either :

* fork cubicweb's patch repository (on bitbucket or whatever) and
  tell us when we can pull patches from their (this requires using
  mercurial's mq extension to manage  a patch queue)

* provides patches as diff files on the list