[Cubicweb] A few questions regarding CubicWeb customization

Fidel Viegas development at kazomosolutions.biz
Tue Sep 20 21:12:47 CEST 2011

On 20/09/11 08:19, Florent Cayré wrote:
> Hi Fidel,
>
> where do you want to hide them? In the invoice entity (primary) view?
> On their dedicated page (/<line items>)?

Hi Florent!

I am sorry, I should have been more specific on  that. I want to hide it
in the manage area, and have only entities I know they will use. I know
that if I play around with the visibility it will be hidden for certain
users, but that is not what I am looking for. I want to hide the actual
entity in the manage page, and allow only changes in the parent entity.
In other words, line items may only be deleted from the invoice form.

> CubicWeb is a very nice framework indeed (not mine I am afraid, but
> Logilab's). You are very welcome to contribute, either telling what
> documentation to improve first or simply blogging about your
> application using CubicWeb, or with actual code like your own cubes or
> contribution to the core framework.

Certainly! I actually thought about blogging about it, as I think it is
a nice framework to share. I have already tweeted about it, and intend
to blog about it. Furthermore, I was also going to ask how I could
contribute with the translations, as I only found translations for
English, French and Spanish. I would like to translate a few of the
cubes I will be using to Portuguese. Do I have to setup an account in
the site and then configure mercurial to use that account? I have also
just started playing with mercurial, and it is an easy grasp because of
its resemblance with git. Now I know that they are based on the same
version control system.

I have also spotted a few typos in the book, and would also like to
contribute to improving it.

> Do not forget to "reply all" to keep the mailing list in the copy
> section of your emails and get better support through all the CubicWeb
> experts around.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I am used to hit the reply
button, that normally shows reply to list. Only now I noticed that
sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Thanks for alerting me with
regards to this.

> Also note that you can get even faster support on jabber (see
> https://jabber.logilab.org/ for example, but you can also use your
> usual jabber client).

This was actually one of the supports I tried. I created an account,
logged in and joined the public channel, but everybody was chatting in
French, which led me to think that the support was only in French. I
will give it a try again. Thanks!

Regards,

Fidel.