[Cubicweb] moving and renaming vreg & co

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Sep 15 13:27:00 CEST 2011

Hi there,

After discussing a bit over the phone with Nico, it occured that the
almost established vocabulary have a problem: in the literature,
dispatching is about choosing a function or method according to given
arguments, then to call it with those arguments. In our case, we don't
do that, but rather pick the most appropriate object according to a
context, which is then returned to the caller. This is slightly different,
and we're afraid that if the 'dispatch' term is closer to what we
achieve here, it may also give a wrong feeling on what it does (though
technically speaking, once an object is selected, it's called with
the context as argument, but this is usually a class instanciation).

Any thoughs on this?