[Cubicweb] moving and renaming vreg & co

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Sep 13 17:28:21 CEST 2011

On 13 septembre 17:20, aurélien campéas wrote:
> 2011/9/13 Sylvain Thénault <sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr>
> > I've started a patch to move bases of cubicweb's registry,
> > appobject and selector to logilab.common, so we can use it
> > in other project as a generic multi-dispatch mecanism.
> >
> > So I think it's time to get proper names for :
> >
> > * the module name
> >  - used to be among vreg, appobject in cubicweb
> >  - proposition: dyndispatch, grandcentral (though apple as
> >    something like this for cocoa) ?
>
> why not just logilab.dispatch ?

I think I would prefer not introducing a new package/dependancy,
though if more people find it deserves it, let's go for it.

> > * the first level registry class name
> >  - responsability: object loading, second level registry instantiation
> >  - used to be VRegistry (and instance the well known self._cw.vreg)
> >  - proposition: DispatchersRegistry ?
>
> GlobalRegistry ? RegistryHolder ?
>
> > * the second level registry class name
> >  - responsability: object selection (dispatch)
> >  - used to be Registry
> >  - proposition: Dispatcher ?
>
> keep Registry

I like the idea of using Dispatcher, which sounds more specific,
closer to what it achieves, and refers to some known vocab.

> > * the base class for objects that should go in second level registry
> >  - responsability: mainly a place holder to document __registry__,
> >    __regid__ and __select__
> >  - used to be AppObject
> >  - proposition AppObject, DynamicObject, SelectableObject ?
> >

> why not SelectableObject indeed ...
>
> You don't ask for the base selector's class ?

humm, no, since Selector sounds ok imo. You've a proposition?

> Btw, couldn't the reloadability thing could be considered independently of
> other aspects ? (It is currently tied to the first level registry)

You mean a generic implementation to reload things ? That may be another
step ahead.