[Cubicweb] moving and renaming vreg & co

aurélien campéas aurelien.campeas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:20:26 CEST 2011

2011/9/13 Sylvain Thénault <sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr>

> Hi there,

Hi,

> I've started a patch to move bases of cubicweb's registry,
> appobject and selector to logilab.common, so we can use it
> in other project as a generic multi-dispatch mecanism.
>
> So I think it's time to get proper names for :
>
> * the module name
>  - used to be among vreg, appobject in cubicweb
>  - proposition: dyndispatch, grandcentral (though apple as
>    something like this for cocoa) ?

why not just logilab.dispatch ?

> * the first level registry class name
>  - responsability: object loading, second level registry instantiation
>  - used to be VRegistry (and instance the well known self._cw.vreg)
>  - proposition: DispatchersRegistry ?

GlobalRegistry ? RegistryHolder ?

> * the second level registry class name
>  - responsability: object selection (dispatch)
>  - used to be Registry
>  - proposition: Dispatcher ?

keep Registry

> * the base class for objects that should go in second level registry
>  - responsability: mainly a place holder to document __registry__,
>    __regid__ and __select__
>  - used to be AppObject
>  - proposition AppObject, DynamicObject, SelectableObject ?

why not SelectableObject indeed ...

You don't ask for the base selector's class ?

> Please, no troll but a quick consensus.
> thx

Btw, couldn't the reloadability thing could be considered independently of
other aspects ? (It is currently tied to the first level registry)

Regards,
Aurélien.