[Cubicweb] lgc.cache in cubicweb

Alexandre Fayolle alexandre.fayolle at logilab.fr
Thu Sep 8 11:55:02 CEST 2011

On Thursday 08 September 2011 10:49:40 Aurélien Campéas wrote:
> Also in lgc.cache all operations are protected by a lock (to mimick the
> atomicity of a plain python dict I guess), which maybe also hurts a
> bit concurrent access performance.

That lock is needed by the current implementation and is probably harmful (but
it is a per instance lock, not a global class level lock). We had cache
corruptions issues without it in the past (a looooong time ago)

Formations Python, CubicWeb, Debian :  http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services