[Cubicweb] moving and renaming vreg & co

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Sep 13 17:03:36 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I've started a patch to move bases of cubicweb's registry,
appobject and selector to logilab.common, so we can use it
in other project as a generic multi-dispatch mecanism.

So I think it's time to get proper names for :

* the module name
  - used to be among vreg, appobject in cubicweb
  - proposition: dyndispatch, grandcentral (though apple as
    something like this for cocoa) ?

* the first level registry class name
  - responsability: object loading, second level registry instantiation
  - used to be VRegistry (and instance the well known self._cw.vreg)
  - proposition: DispatchersRegistry ?

* the second level registry class name
  - responsability: object selection (dispatch)
  - used to be Registry
  - proposition: Dispatcher ?

* the base class for objects that should go in second level registry
  - responsability: mainly a place holder to document __registry__,
    __regid__ and __select__
  - used to be AppObject
  - proposition AppObject, DynamicObject, SelectableObject ?

Please, no troll but a quick consensus.
thx