[Cubicweb] moving and renaming vreg & co
sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Sep 13 17:03:36 CEST 2011
I've started a patch to move bases of cubicweb's registry,
appobject and selector to logilab.common, so we can use it
in other project as a generic multi-dispatch mecanism.
So I think it's time to get proper names for :
* the module name
- used to be among vreg, appobject in cubicweb
- proposition: dyndispatch, grandcentral (though apple as
something like this for cocoa) ?
* the first level registry class name
- responsability: object loading, second level registry instantiation
- used to be VRegistry (and instance the well known self._cw.vreg)
- proposition: DispatchersRegistry ?
* the second level registry class name
- responsability: object selection (dispatch)
- used to be Registry
- proposition: Dispatcher ?
* the base class for objects that should go in second level registry
- responsability: mainly a place holder to document __registry__,
__regid__ and __select__
- used to be AppObject
- proposition AppObject, DynamicObject, SelectableObject ?
Please, no troll but a quick consensus.
Sylvain Thénault LOGILAB, Paris (France)
Formations Python, Debian, Méth. Agiles: http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure: http://www.logilab.fr/services
CubicWeb, the semantic web framework: http://www.cubicweb.org
More information about the Cubicweb