[Cubicweb] Compiling RQL on Windows

Dr.Leo stefan.pankoke at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 11 19:09:54 CEST 2010

  Hi,

here is the newbie again, this time trying to compile RQL on Windows
Why? Because there is no Py2.6 win32 installer on the ftp site, just a
fairly old one for Python2.5. OK. Let's grab the latest RQL tarball and
give it a try.

Wel, the win32 compiling instructions in doc/rql-windows.txt are luckily
outdated. As from Python 2.6 the standard distribution is compiled with
MSVC 2008 which happens to be installed on my machine. So no mingw etc.
is needed.

However, there is a problem as you can see from the attached log file.
In fact, the file to be included in line 5 of gecode.cpp does not seem
to be part of the tarball. So I cannot compile RQL which is misfortunate
as without it I cannot use cubicweb either...

Any ideas where to go from here?

Leo