[Cubicweb] How to test .po files?

Florent Cayré florent at secondweb.fr
Wed Sep 29 00:32:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

As far as I understood, you translated CW itself, right ? So you have
rather copied the po file into cubicweb/i18n I suppose?

If so, the commands to use and very well documented by 'cubicweb-ctl
-h' ; I only have at hand an old CW 3.7, but it may not have changed
much, and regarding i18n, it reads :
  i18ncube         Update i18n catalogs for cubes
  i18ncubicweb     Update i18n catalogs for cubicweb library
  i18ninstance     Recompile i18n catalogs for instances

 so you have to first use : 'cubicweb-ctl i18ncubicweb' once you have
the po file in the right place. However you have to tell CW that the
'de' language now exists. Using grep I found the LANG = ('en', 'fr',
'es') variable in devtools/devctl.py ; I think you should add 'de'
before using 'cubicweb-ctl i18ncubicweb'.

Now you have to update your instance i18n catalog by typing :
'cubicweb-ctl i18ninstance YOUR_INSTANCE_NAME'

Regards,
Florent, SecondWeb.