[Cubicweb] win32: my first instance is running - some experiences and suggestions

Dr.Leo stefan.pankoke at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 27 23:08:13 CEST 2010

  Hi,

>> 2. Thee db-init command raised a number of ddeprecation warnings and
>> a Runtime error (see attached log). So I don't know if the database
>> has been set up properly. The blog cube's version is only a few days
>> old, so it should normally be ok. Maybe the blog cube would benefit
>> from some face-lifting.
> Looking at the logs you sent, everything looks ok. A new release
> of the blog cube should occurs soon, fixing most of the warnings.

... The runtime error (too many recursions) concerns me more than the
warnings.

>> 3. Starting the instance as a service does not work for some unknown
>> reason. Registration with win32svc install did not raise any error
>> though. At least running the instance in debug mode works.
> Hum, maybe Alexandre has an hint on this?
>
>> 4. Having played around a little with the blog cube, I am impressed
>> by its functionality. rST2html rendering does not seem to work
>> though. No big deal.
> Do you have docutils installed ?

Sure. My only point was that an enumeration with '*' as enumerator was
not rendered properly. I'll play around with it and get back to you if
needed.

>  not our number one priority, we definitly want to enhance
> accessibility support.
> Please give us any insight that may help here. Don't hesitate to open tickets
> on the tracker, so we don't forget about it.

Great! I'll do that. See also the quick-and-dirty comments in my
previous e-mail.