[Cubicweb] A newbie on Windows - installation pitfalls

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Thu Sep 9 10:23:55 CEST 2010

On 08 septembre 10:42, Nicolas Chauvat wrote:
> > 3. Choosing the database
>
> http://docs.cubicweb.org/admin/setup#databases-configuration
>
> Would you consider these issues fixed? Please comment further if needed.
>
> PS: see the diff at http://hg.logilab.org/cubicweb/rev/80388edf4e88

IMO one thing we should make easier and clearer in the doc is the
usage of sqlite as database, so one can give a try without having
to install postgres or so.

It works fairly well, the only point being that you currently either
have to change c-c create input level so it ask which database driver
to use, or you have to interrupt the creation process to change it
in the instance'source file. I guess we should lower the input level
of the database driver option. Then update the book/quickstart.