[Cubicweb] Installing cubes on Windows with NO_SETUPTOOLS=1

Dr.Leo stefan.pankoke at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 24 23:05:56 CEST 2010

  Hi,

this works. Also, I had to install cubicweb itself without setuptools as
yams still does not have a bin/yams-check.bat so that installation
breaks at that point.

But without setuptools, cubes are properly installed in
python26/share/cubicweb/cubes/cubename.

However, I had a problem as the above-mentioned cubes dir did not
contain a __init__.py file after installation; I put it there manually
to enable the imports.

Let me say that the instructions in the docs to set the environment
variables pythonpath, path etc. did not fit my needs. Also, I still do
not understand what the c:/documents and
settings/jane/mydocuments/python26/cubicweb thing means.

Finally I have tried to create my very first instance:

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\stefan\Eigene
Dateien\dev\myblog>cubicweb-ctl create blog myblog
ERROR:  registry directory c:\python26\etc\cubicweb.d doesn't exist

The dir looks a bit Linux-like. Don't know where this might be stored on
Windows. Any help would be very much appreciated. Is there a path
variable for the registy?

Leo