[Cubicweb] Install of cubicweb-blog does not work properly

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at free.fr
Wed Sep 22 23:02:32 CEST 2010

Le 22/09/10 22:02, Leo a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 'rid of the forest':
> good news forest is not required to clone the CW repo.
>
> I assume you have considered
>
> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Subrepositories?highlight=%28subrepositories%29
>
> before deciding to provide the clone_deps script. I understand with
> the subrepo feature you would not need this script but can have hg
> clone all the subrepos recursively for you using references to
> external repos containing the dependencies and base cubes. This may
> require some .hgsubrepo files though, and maybe there are other show
> stoppers. I do not have any experience with this hg feature.

We don't have experience yet, hence the decision not to convert
overnight to this.
However we might take that path asap, indeed.

The clone_deps is a stopgap mesure.

> On installation dirs for cubes:
>
> I should add that there is a third place for cubes:
> pythonxy/lib/site-packages/cubicweb/share/cubicweb/cubes/... This dir
> is used by the cubicweb-ctl newcube command. The first and second
> place being pythonxy/share/cubicweb/... and
> pythonxy/lib/site-packages/.

In principle, depending on the fact you use cubicweb in development or
deployed mode, these places make sense. What would not is that they are
used wrongly wrt the mode.

What are your current environment variables wrt what is described there
:
http://docs.cubicweb.org/admin/setup.html#cubicweb-resources-configuration ?