[Cubicweb] Install of cubicweb-blog does not work properly

Leo fhaxbox66 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 22 22:02:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 'rid of the forest':
good news forest is not required to clone the CW repo.

I assume you have considered

http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/Subrepositories?highlight=%28subrepositories%29

before deciding to provide the clone_deps script. I understand with
the subrepo feature you would not need this script but can have hg
clone all the subrepos recursively for you using references to
external repos containing the dependencies and base cubes. This may
require some .hgsubrepo files though, and maybe there are other show
stoppers. I do not have any experience with this hg feature.

On installation dirs for cubes:

I should add that there is a third place for cubes:
pythonxy/lib/site-packages/cubicweb/share/cubicweb/cubes/... This dir
is used by the cubicweb-ctl newcube command. The first and second
place being pythonxy/share/cubicweb/... and
pythonxy/lib/site-packages/. Don't know if all this makes sense, but I
I will first look at virtualenv and the NO_SETUPTOOLS trick suggested
by Sylvain.

Leo