[Cubicweb] Question: cubicweb-ctl has no newcube command; the list command does not list any cubes. Correct?

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Mon Sep 20 14:45:24 CEST 2010

On 19 septembre 21:26, Dr.Leo wrote:
>  Hi,

> after some helpful comments on this list, I have finally managed to
> install hopefully all required packages.

Great. We'll definitly try to improve this asap.

> Version 3.9.7 is not yet pip-installable. Don't know why. It does
> not seem corect that it isn't. Or do you publish tarballs only for
> major version?

nop, but an annoying bug has been discovered just after the release,
before I upload to pypi, so I decided not to do so. A 3.9.8 should
quickly come.

> Well, 3.9.6 should be good enough. I had expected some cubes to be
> part of the standard distribution. But cubicweb-ctl list does not
> list any. The path seems correct.

No, cubes should be installed independently. Some of them should be
easy_installable.

> Creating a new cubing using 'cubicweb-ctl newcube test' produces an
> error: no 'newcube' command.
>
> Any ideas on what could be wrong here?

type in a python shell:

>>> from cubicweb.devtools import devctl

and you should see what's missing.