[Cubicweb] Installing yams: bugs in MANIFEST.in etc.

Sylvain Thénault sylvain.thenault at logilab.fr
Tue Sep 14 07:54:27 CEST 2010

On 13 septembre 21:33, Dr.Leo wrote:
>  Hi,

Hi again

> as you could imagine, it did not work out of the box as
> cubicweb/setup.py broke when trying to install fyzz. Well, I have
> manually installed fyz with pip. Then I installed successfully
> logilab-common. However, when pip-installing yams, it raised the
> same valueError as yesterday with CW. Deleting the '/' after the
> first path in line 4 of MANIFEST.in fixes it.

ok

> This reveals another bug: Processing the build scripts yams-check
> and yams-view on Windows requires these files to be named
> yams-check.bat. Don't know why they have no .py file extension.
> Here, they have just no extension. Writing corresponding .bat files
> with a single line "python yams-check" and "python yams-view" helps.
> yams is now installed and I have just successfully imported
> cubicweb, however ugly the .bat files may be.

That's because we, Unix user, usually use scripts without extensions.
But windows doesn't like that. And we were too lazy when we added those
scripts. Should be fixed soon.

> No, wait! One more question: everything is here installed in egg
> files rather than normal package directories. cubicweb requires
> around 10 MB. thanks for saving my HD memory. But What about
> speed???

Huum, I don't think CubicWeb will actually work well zipped, because
of the way it look for resources such as images, css, js, ...

Alain, any though on this?